Friday 18 April 2014

Update on Ebola virus disease (EVD) case accumulation chart with new WHO African Regional Office SitRep data for 17-Apr-2014.

A new World Health Organisation (WHO) Situation Report on the Ebola Zaire outbreak in Western Africa has filled in all my whinges from last night (see them here).

I've updated my chart and finally worked out how to show negative case number adjustments - just to show that numbers have not always been going upwards, highlighting that the numbers will change as suspected and probable cases are discarded if laboratory testing does not support the suspicions.

As a reminder - this charts are made for general interest. It may be that I have misinterpreted the language (sometimes a little tricky to wade through these reports) but the trends should still be informative even if  number is out of place. If that is the case, feel free to pick me up on it - it will hopefully be corrected during my next update anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.